PART II DEFINITIONS
01. LANGADI-The foot of any leg touched to grounds and the other being kept in air folded with a further action of hopping for catching a Defender is called as LANGADI
02. CHASER-The players who chase the Opponent with a view to put them out at the same time score points are known as CHASER
03. ATTACKER A player who pursues the players of the Opposite side i.e. Defenders with a view to Tag and Touch them is known as ATTACKER
04. RUNNERS The players of the side other than the Chasers are known as RUNNERS
05. DEFENDERS-The Runners who are inside the Field for their turn of defense are known as DEFENDERS
06. TOUCHING THE HAND-When Attacker touches any part of his body, other than active foot to the Field to any person inside or outside Field, with or without intension then it is called as TOUCHING THE HAND.
07. TOUCHING THE LEG-In the Field if an Attacker touches his leg or any part of his leg, other than the foot by which he is performing Langadi to the ground or any person is called as TOUCHING THE LEG.
08. CHANGE OF LEG -In the field if an Attacker changes his foot and starts playing Langadi on the other foot is called as CHANGE OF LEG.
09. PERFECT LANGADI Starting Langadi from ATTACKERS ENTRY ZONE, without violating any rule by an ATTACKER is called PERFECT LANGADI.
10. ATTACKERS ENTRY ZONE The area marked in the lobby at the centre & parallel of the side line (AD) of the Field1 (ADFE) & with distance of 0.25 mt away with a dimension 2 mt. in length and 1 mt. in Width is known as ENTRY ZONE for ATTACKER (WXYZ).
11. DEFENDERS ENTRY ZONE-The area marked at both the corners of the line ( BC), measuring 3 mt. in Length and 3 mt. in Width is known as DEFENDERS ENTRY ZONE (MNOP) & (MIN101P1).
12. CENTRAL LINE-The line which divides the Ground in Two equal halves is called as CENTRAL LINE (EF)
13. FIELD The two equal rectangular halves of Ground made by Central Line is called as Field. Rectangle near to ATTACKERS ENTRY ZONE is FIELD -1 (AEFD), other rectangle near to DEFENDERS ENTRY ZONE is FIELD- 2 (EBCF)
14. END LINES Boundaries of the Ground are known as END LINES
15. OUT OF FIELD-When Defender touches any part of his body to the End Lines then he is said to have gone OUT OF FIELD
16. SIMPLE BODY TOUCH -When the Attacker touches by palm to the Defender is called as SIMPLE BODY TOUCH.
17. RETIRED -If the defender by his own wish goes out of field then it is termed as RETIRED
18. TO GIVE OUT When the defender is touched by an Attacker by touching his (palm) hand without violating any rule or if defender goes out of field then he shall be declared out by a short blow of a whistle and is called as TO GIVE OUT
19. L LINE Dotted Line 1mt. from Central Line in Field 1, marked between GH is called as L LINE or late entry line.
PART – III RULES OF THE GAME
01. a. For National level tournament each team consist of 15 players. If players are less than 9 then team is not eligible to play match. When 9 or more than 9 but less than 12 players are available then team is allowed to play match but only 9 players are allowed to defense
b. For International Tournament each team consist of 18 players (all other rules are applicable as per 01(a).)
02. If a team is having less than 12 players then opposite team will get points of those short players in both the Innings.
03. A team is having less than 12 players then at the time of Attack, each player will get one chance to perform Langadi. When all present players of the team perform langadi then their turn will get over.
04. Toss will be done by Referee. He will call both the Captains and ask one of them to select Head/Tails. The Captain who wins the toss will raise his right hand and immediately select Attack or Defense. Winning Captain will indicate this by pointing finger towards the respective Entry Zone.
05. Captain will be from 15 player’s team. It is not required that he should be in playing team.
06. Attacker shall start Langadi from Attackers Entry Zone.
07. If the above Rule No, 06, is not obeyed by any chaser then he should be given foul and ask him to start Langadi again from the Attackers Entry Zone. If and an Attacker even after declaring foul continues his Langadi then no defender shall be given out.
08. Attacker shall not touch any part of his body to ground except active foot on which he started Langadi. Also he shall not beallowed to touch other part of his body, if it happens, Attacker shall be asked to withdraw from performing further Langadi.
09. The Attacker shall not be allowed to change his leg on which he started Langadi. If he does so he shall be asked to withdraw from performing further Langadi.
10. Both teams shall attack in First Turn of First Inning by Right Leg and in Second Turn of 2nd Inning by Left Leg.
11. Attacker is allowed to go out of the Field but he has to obey (follow) all the rules even out of Field. Attacker shall not be allowed to put OUT any Defender from out side the End Lines but he is allowed to continue his Langadi.
12. When a new batch of Defenders entered in the Field Attacker must be in Field- 1. If he is not in the given situation then Attacker has to go to Field-1 and from their he should enter Field -2 and is allowed to chase New Batch of Defenders.
13. Except Attacker no other Chaser shall enter the Field. If any such chaser gets inside the Field then he shall be expelled out immediately. Until chaser entered in the Field is not going out, Umpire shall not give any Defender OUT. The Attacker who is after his performance of Langadi on becoming a lame Chaser should move out of the field immediately. Till he leaves the field new Attacker shall not be allowed to further Chase the defenders.
14. Defender shall not disturb or obstruct Attacker. If due tries to obstruct Attacker he will be given out.
15. Defender once OUT will enter the Field, when his turn comes again in that Inning.
16. Attacker shall not violate the Rule Nos. 6, 11 & 12. If he does so the Defender shall not be given OUT due to violation of Rule.
17. When Defender is touched by an Attacker by his palm without violating any rule then the defender shall be given out. Explanation-If Attacker touches Defender other than the palm then Defender shall not be given out.
18. Defender shall not disturb or obstruct Attacker. If he does so then Umpire shall show Yellow Card to the Defender. Even after warning or if any player misbehaves in such a grave manner then Umpire shall show Red Card and if he is a Defender declare him as OUT or if he is Attacker would end his Langadi Turn. Also he shall be punished for misbehavior by not allowing to play in further match.
19. Late Entry- a. After getting batch out, new batch of defenders will enter in the field 2. If an Attacker crosses L Line (GH) and if defenders fails to enter in the field 2, then those defender/s who have not entered will be given out as Late Entry.
b. If full batch of defenders is out as Late Entry; then for Next Batch 30 sec. will be given by Referee to enter in. Then after each 30 sec. furtherLate Entry of the defender/s is to be given. For each Late entry crossing of L Line and going to the other half will be necessary.
c. If Late Entry given for continuous 3 defenders batches then Referee can take decision to disqualify the team.
c. He shall enter the lobby and declare the completion of each minute of play loudly by raising his arm holding an indicator.
15.During the Game, a player may address the Referee only through the Team Captain.